I am having an anxiety attack as we speak. I’ve been having it for a couple of hours already and last night I had a similar one. I pretty much feel like screaming. But I don’t because I can’t wrap my head around what should I scream about first.
1. It’s that time of the month. That time of the month when I have to cut&colour my hair. I cut&colour my hair every other month. Two weeks before the visit at the hairdresser it looks just sad. And it has grey roots. Depressing.
2. In the past few days spent too much time inside, in front of the computer, reading about London, instead of actually exploring it. Pro: I spent no £££ and the introvert inside me is happy for the break. Cons: Hmmmmm…none. I needed this break.
3. In case sugar and mascarpone are anxiety triggers, it’s because I had too much Tiramisu last night and today. And I might have another one once I finish writing this.
4. I read like 400 hundred pages and o tone of articles in two days.
5. I had one month holiday. Of course you go crazy when you do nothing and then rest.
4. Maybe I need to up my dose or change my meds?
What to do (if you don’t have Xanax at hand)
1. Breath (I did. Not working)
2. Count and count and count (I did. In two languages. Not working)
3. Organize a drawer/cupboard/something (No, thank you)
4. Try to stay in the present. Don’t let your mind stray (I looked out the window at the half moon and the few stars, amazed of what nice colours the night sky has. Then I remembered the colours are because of the pollution and I got mad)
5. Call a friend and look for sympathy (Not my style)
What I did:
1. Cracked three eggs and beat them hard. Added salt and pepper, goat cheese and green onion. Made a hell of a omelette and wolfed it down.
2. Talked about it on the blog.
Am I feeling better?