I was totally bored with my old mental disorders so I’ve looked up for new ones. Now I am suffering from neophilia and I am very proud of it. The opposite of neophilia is neophobia and one of my ex boyfriends had it for sure. It really bugged me about him how he was scared of all that was new and spontaneous and how everything had to be routine to be good. Now I have the medical explanation for this. Thank god we broke up, we were a match made in hell, apparently.

Other than digging for mental illnesses, my Romanian life is pretty boring. I was successful abroad with the pope’s resignation, but I have already bragged about it. I am now writing a letter for the Romanian president. In case you won’t hear from me for a while, then I got arrested for some reason. At least this is what usually happens with people that piss off our president.

When I had my last neophilia attack, I decided to move to London at the end of the summer. Unless I have another neophilia attack and I decide something else, I stick to this plan. I should be done with I have to do in Romania by then, hopefully, so help me god.

Why I don't endorse abstinence. No connection to the post, just saying...
Why I don’t endorse abstinence. No connection to the post, just saying…

Speaking of god, a Romanian reader on my Romanian blog left me a very long message, insisting on two issues. One, that I offend the believers with my atheism and that I should spell god with G out of respect for the believers and that anyway in English god is different than God so I am dumb. I told him I know the difference between god and God in English, I just think it is not fair to refer to the Christian god only.  Maybe someone from a different religion is reading so when they read “oh my god” I want everyone to think of their own god. I am very nice, see?

Once this guy was done with god, he brought up Becca (please click on Becca, she is really fun and she also needs to win a bet so clickclickclickclick away and don’t stop unless you have symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome). He basically suggested I should stop writing in English because it will get me nowhere and the struggle is not worth it as I will never ever be able to write in English like Becca. I didn’t even know I am supposed to get somewhere with this blog in English. I am glad this guy told me, this was enlightening. Now I am waiting for him to tell me where am I supposed to get. And to quote from Becca, his favorite American blogger, “I think it’s cute that people are stupid”.

He also said that I am too ambitious, I mean, a famous Romanian writer lived in Paris for eight years before daring to write something in French. Who am I to dare to write in English after one year in Toronto? I should just wait, otherwise I am just arrogant, if I don’t do what other people do. Makes perfect sense, right?

Last but not least, also as a result of a neophilia attack,  I have decided to do something really really stupid and really really funny. But it is still a secret. I will tell you more when the time is right. The time is not right yet, get it?

I love this mental disorder. I can blame all my future stupid actions on this medical condition, this is so cool.

Love,

Lavinia 🙂

Advertisements

22 thoughts on “My Romanian Diary Day 110: I have a new mental disease and people are not nice to atheists

1. Rohan 7 Things says:

I would never have noticed that you are not a native English speaker if you didn’t bring it up. This guy is a nut lol!

I also write god like that when referring to god in general or as a concept. I think it’s funny that people get so pissed off about that, as if an omnipotent being could give a crap whether his/her/it’s name is properly capitalized or not lol.

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Rohan.

2. Lavinia says:

Oh, you wouldn’t have thought I am not native, this is the best compliment ever! Thanks! Yes, I am sure god/God doesn’t care about orthography. Believers should be more concerned with being nice and tolerant than with being mean and judgemental. This attitude kind of cancels all the “I believe in God, I am better than you” concept.

1. Lavinia says:

I am very good at annoying people 🙂 When I am good, I am very good, when I am bad, I am even better:)))) But thanks for the offer, it’s good to know you have my back.

3. rebecca2000 says:

Awwww thanks. You’re English is super fantabulous so don’t listen to anyone that tells you otherwise. You write it better tan most people who it is their first language. I am sure people get jealous of your great beauty and wit. You’re practically perfect like me.

1. Lavinia says:

Thanks, you are always so sweet and supportive:) Yes, I don’t listen to them, they know nothing:) Indeed, we are practically perfect. You should start a “Practically Perfect” sorority, you know:)

1. Lavinia says:

Becca, he is a guy that never commented on my blog before, he only did it this time to put sense into my head about god and writing in English. Random Romanian guy with a random Romanian blog.

4. Eric Alagan says:

Lavinia – I thoroughly enjoyed this post. It is so funny and yet thought provoking.

Let me share a small secret – English is also my adopted language.

Yeah, I know, my writing will also not get me somewhere. Perhaps you can entice that guy to help tell me also – where I am supposed to go.

Maybe he is working full time as a road-sign?

Cheers, Eric 🙂

1. Lavinia says:

Hey Mercedes, I am sorry, I didn’t mean to offend anyone. I am only making fun of myself and of me googling symptoms on google and having them all:)) Anyway, neophilia is not a disorder. Thanks for letting me make fun of god, lol.

5. Teeny Bikini says:

Thanks for the link to Becca. Love the new blog design. The arrogance of people to tell anyone what to believe in and how to live their lives is mindboggling. Excuse my French, but.. Fuck them. Just for the record I always understand what you are saying – and I am not a genius. I agree. There is a difference between lower case and upper case “G” – and you should use the one prefer. The meaning and message is loud and clear – at least it is in New Jersey. 🙂